Your contribution now will help create leaders for our future.
You can make a difference.
A Donation of:
- $50.00 – $100.00 : Will pay for basic materials (Paper, pencils, pens, folders, etc.)
- $150.00 : Pays tuition for one student. Each student receives $2,500.00 in services per session.
- $250.00 : Takes care of catering/healthy snacks for a month.
- $500.00 : Pays for books
- $750.00 – $1,000.00 : Pays for T-shirts, sweatshirts (Each students receives a shirt at the Closing Ceremony; Graduating seniors get a hooded sweatshirt.)
- $3,000.00 – $5,000.00 : Compensates staff, who must be dually prepared in their academic area and in cultural heritage.
- $10,000.00 : Sponsor an entire Academy Expansion Program year.
- $12,000.00 – $20,000.00 : Underwrites travel to destinations rich in African American History and Culture.
- $25,000.00 : Supports The Academy SPS programming for one year.
Choose to support us now because better to invest in the education of our youth of color than in their incarceration.
You can also contribute by mail at:
The Academy SPS
PO Box 2842
Cedar Rapids, IA. 52406
The Academy is a 501(c)3 non-profit. All contributions are tax deductible.
Please consider making The Academy for Scholastic and Personal Success part of your year-end giving.
If you send this out on any social media be sure to use #givingtoasps tag.
Thank you in advance for contributing to the longevity of The Academy.
“The Academy gave me the confidence to be able to articulate the accomplishments of Africans in America and the Diaspora, and allowed me to exhibit pride in my heritage.
It pushed me to strive for excellence in my educational endeavors and has become a habit for a lifetime. Thank you to The Academy!”
-Karl Cassell, 1991 alum
Karl started at The Academy in 1989. He is a former CEO of Jane Boyd Community House, The Cedar Rapids Civil Rights Commission, and Horizons, a Family Services Alliance, and is currently an independent entrepreneur.